We will maintain an Environmental Management System
- As the framework for establishing and reviewing environmental objectives and targets.
- To manage the potential and actual environmental impacts of our operations, products and services.
- As a commitment to prevention of pollution.
- To ensure compliance with legal and other requirements to which the company subscribes.
We shall seek continuous improvement of our environmental performance for the promotion of a healthier environment.
ISO 14001:2015 Certification
Arawak Cement Company Limited’s operations has been certified to the International Standards Organisation (ISO) 14001:2015 Standard. ISO 14001: 2015 is the world’s most recognised and accepted Environmental Management System (EMS) framework.
Arawak Cement – Pride in Industry Advertorial
In a salute to Barbados’ 50th anniversary of Independence, Arawak Cement, a leading Barbadian manufacturer for over three decades takes you on the inside of its business with a series of features on various aspects of an institution that has helped to build this nation.
Arawak Cement Company Limited is committed to maintaining the health and safety of employees, contractors, visitors and the general public at all worksites and in all its operations.
We are committed to maintaining a healthy, safe and accident-free work environment where health and safety is the most important consideration in our daily operations.
We are building a work culture where every employee believes and actively participates towards an injury-free and incident free workplace where Zero accidents is the goal of all.
The company is committed to:
- Arrange, provide and maintain safe systems at work for all employees
- Provide adequate and proper facilities, equipment, safety apparel, personnel protective equipment and ensure proper use
- Provide adequate health and safety training, information and instruction on workplace health, safety and hazards
We recognize that health and safety is ever changing and as a company, we are committed to continual improvement and upgrading of our Health and Safety efforts.
Arawak Safety Uniforms – 100% Cotton, long sleeve for protection against hot products and burns, reflector strips and high visibility clothing worn with all required PPE.
ISO 14001:2004 Certification
Arawak Cement Company Limited’s operations has been certified to the International Standards Organisation (ISO) 14001:2004 Standard. ISO 14001: 2004 is the world’s most recognised and accepted Environmental Management System (EMS) framework.